Tuesday 24 June 2014

Review: Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free #2) By E.M. Abel


Synopsis
Some men fall in love and hand their balls over to the first woman who keeps them interested—but not me. Surfing and my freedom are the only two things I’ve ever needed. Meaningless one-night stands are fun, but the drama and jealousy that follows them aren’t worth it. 
Until I met Natalie, I never realized there were women who thought like me. She enjoys sex with no strings, and with a body like that, there isn’t a man around who doesn’t want a piece of her—including me. 
But our friends and relatives all run in the same circles. And we all know friendship and sex leave a mess. Hearts always end up broken. 
I know it. 
But I still want her. 

Sometimes, the things we want don’t always come easily. Every choice, every action has consequences that can change you. 
They can change everything. 
And no matter how fiercely guarded, even the strongest hearts can break.

**WARNING** Not recommended for younger readers due to sexual content, language and recreational use of marijuana


My Review
4 Hot Surfer Stars!


I have got to say I thought this one was better than the first book 'Freeing Asia'.This is book two in the Breaking Free series and it centers around Shaun who is Asia's brother.You see bits of him in book 1 but we don't really get an insight to him like we do in this one. At the end of Freeing Asia you catch a glimpse of Shaun and Natalie and in this one you are reintroduced to them in a different light.

Shaun is a player, he doesn't do relationships and no one rejects him when he wants a women for the night.He makes no promises and that's just how things go.Until he meets Natalie who doesn't want him, or more like she wants him but doesn't want him because she will end up being just another notch on his bedpost.

'My heart was racing. I didn't know how this man's presence had engulfed me, but I was surrounded. He obviously didn't have a shy bone in his body, and was clear he would say whatever he felt like saying, whenever he felt like saying it.'

Natalie has always had to be the responsible one taking care of her sister from a young age.She doesn't do relationships either she doesn't need any more heartbreak or people leaving her.She has never been attracted to anyone like she is to Shaun, he draws her in but because of this attraction she also knows if she gets involved with him she will be left hurt.


“We’ve got this.” I leaned down to give her a kiss.

She smiled against my lips before she whispered, “Yeah.”



At first I felt like oh its two people that don't do relationships and then they will be friends and in the end they will fall in love and happily ever after.But no! this didn't exactly go as I thought it would and I am glad! But i was looking at the percent I have left to read and it was nearing the end and I was panicking thinking this better be a happily ever after. I loved the banter between Natalie and Shaun. This book made me laugh, swoon and sigh.I really enjoyed it but felt like the ending was slightly rushed I needed more!


"Let’s fall in love
Before the world breaks through.
Before time catches up
And I break you.”


Saving Jay is next and I can't wait to see how that goes ;)


**ARC provided for an honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment