Saturday 2 January 2016

Review: Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #3) by Cora Reilly

FREEBIE- limited time only book 1 in this series is free on amazon


Synopsis
When Gianna watched her sister Aria getting married to a man she barely knew, she promised herself she wouldn’t let the same thing happen to her. 

Matteo – The Blade – Vitiello set his eyes on Gianna the moment he saw her on his brother Luca’s wedding, and Rocco Scuderi is more than willing to give his daughter to him, but Gianna has no intention of marrying for any other reason than love. A few months before the wedding, Gianna escapes her bodyguards and runs away. She has enough money to flee to Europe and begin a new life. But staying undetected when the mob is searching for her is a challenge that takes everything, especially as one of their best hunters and assassins is after her: Matteo Vitiello. 

After six months on the run, Gianna finally settles into a tentative routine in Munich, but then Matteo and a couple of her father’s soldiers find her with another man. 

Despite her pleads they kill her boyfriend, and Gianna is forced to marry Matteo. Her emotions alternating between guilt over having dragged an innocent into her world and hatred toward Matteo, Gianna is determined to make life hell for her husband. But Matteo is a master at mind games and their struggle for power soon turns into hate-fueled nights of passion. 

Book three in the Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles. This book can be read as a standalone.

*******

*******

My Review

2.5-3 Stars!

This is book 3 in the Born in Blood series and after reading Dante's book I jumped to this one because I was enjoying this series. This is about Matteo, Luca's brother and Aria's sister.We all know Gianna is adamant that she will not marry and Matteo is determined to marry her at whatever cost. You find out in the previous book in this series that Gianna has ran away and in this one we get a lot more insight. I'm glad we got some of Matteo's point of view in this one or else I would have gone crazy.

Matteo to Luca..
"Stop hovering. People will think you're my sugar daddy."

I was really looking forward to getting more of Matteo but not so excited with the thought of having the book taken over by Gianna, who even though we weren't told a lot on the bits I read made it quite clear how immature and impulsive she was.Her being so against anything Mafia related was one thing but her all out stubbornness, pride and stupid decisions just all out annoyed me. She was loud and said what was on her mind until the moment she was actually supposed to speak up she was quiet!


We arrived at Luca's car. He opened the door for me.
"Don't think I'll put out just because you're being a gentleman;"...
"Don't worry your backdoor is safe."


Haha Matteo was great, I wanted more of his and his pov but with maybe more insight on his past or life in general I felt like I didn't get enough. This was such a quick read for me just like the previous books in the series because I zoomed through them.Even if something the characters did bothered me I could not stop reading and the endings get to me. I fee like they all end abruptly, I need a little bit more and it's like it takes the whole book for things to solve and then boom the end. I still want more and will be carrying on with this series. I'm curious to see how Liliana's story will unravel and I'm looking forward to more action hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment