Tuesday 9 December 2014

Review: Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) by Stylo Fantome


Synopsis
Eighteen year old Tatum O'Shea is a naive, shy, little rich girl. Twenty-three year old Jameson Kane is smart, seductive, and richer. They come together for one night, one explosion, one mistake, and Tate is hurled into space – no family, no money, and no Jameson.

Seven years later, life is going pretty good for Tate, when she runs into Jameson again. This time, she thinks she's ready for him. She doesn't have a naive bone left in her body, and she can't even remember what shy feels like. Jameson has evolved into Satan – sharp teeth, sharper claws, and a tongue that can cut her in half. It all sounds like fun to a girl like Tate, and she is ready to play, determined to prove that she isn't the same girl he conquered once before. A series of games start, each one more devious than the last.

But the devil likes to play dirty, and she learns that playing for souls is playing for keeps. The lines between games and reality, heaven and hell, get blurry. Can she beat Jameson at his own game before someone gets hurt? Or will he leave her soulless, making him the winner, once and for all?


FREE for limited time only!!!
Amazon US- http://amzn.com/B00M029T4O
Amazon UK- http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M029T4O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

4.5 Filthy Stars!!


A book buddy told me she was reading this and she send me an image of the cover.I love a good cover and I usually get a lot from it and I will admit sometimes I do judge a book by its cover (But not all the time and that's the main point right?) This cover in my opinion looked like it was a book released quite a while back and when I looked at it I thought it was to do with vampires..I think its the red? :D

But when I read the synopsis I bumped this up to the top of my list and as soon as I started it I could not stop.This was raw, dark gritty and everything I wasn't expecting! How can I have not known about Stylo Fantome and this awesome series?

“He was so good looking, it was probably illegal. She worried if she looked at him too long , she'd go blind.”

Tatum O'Shea was a rich girl until one mistake changed her whole life. Jameson Kane was that mistake she met when she was 18years old innocent and naive.He changed something in her or released her inner wild girl.After seven years they meet again and Jameson is richer than before yet still the arsehole from the past but Tatum is not the girl Jameson remembers her to be. She lost the innocence and now she is sexy, wild and he needs to have her. Not all of her, just her body.He wants her for sex and nothing more, he doesn't do more.

Jameson Kane is hot, seductive, closed off, at times mean. Mean being an understatement.Basically at times I wanted to punch him in the face but I still like him in a way because how can you not? Yeah that's the relationship we have.

“I want him to remember me. I want every woman after me to be compared, and found lacking.”

Tate is care-free, fun, wild but some of the things that turn her on would totally turn me off but hey to each their own eh? Some of the things she did made it hard for me to not judge her but as I continued reading I did end up liking her and her attitude and personality, I guess she grew on me.


I loved the scenes when they were playing around with each other, some of the comments were hilarious and I wanted more.I felt like at times Jameson was really hurtful with what he said to her and how he treated her which is part of the reason I haven't given this book full 5 stars. At times I really disliked him and wanted to shout at him. Dude you are being so mean!!


“Oh, and Tate, you forgot these,” he said, digging in his pocket. He pulled her panties out and tossed them onto the floor. “You always seem to be dropping these around me.” 

Mother fucker."

And then we get a bloody cliffhanger that made me so mad and desperate to start book 2! I would definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to see how this series continues.This is in third person and even though I usually stick to first person this was well written and I really enjoyed it.

Oh and last but never least my favourite character is Sanders who is Jameson's assistant. I bloody loved him. He needs his own book ASAP.I wanted to reach into the book and give him a massive hug and never let him go.Because he rocks ;)


1 comment: