Wednesday 24 December 2014

Review: Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven



Synopsis
When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time. 

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks

Buy Here--->>  Amazon UK | Amazon US | Paperback 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review
3 Stars!!

"We've never been over. You know it as well as I do. Even when I was halfway around the world and you hated my guts, we weren't over. You can feel it between us now. And the closer we are, the stronger it gets."

Okay why did I think this was a standalone? Why do I never pay attention to these things? Pft! Well I finished this one and I know that the majority of the reviews I have seen are rated 5 star but I'm really not sure what to rate mine.
I think this book really needed at least some parts with Ethan's POV. I swear that would have been so useful. Throughout this book we flipped from past to future, is it just me who liked things to go in order.Like simple few flashbacks are fine but the constant back and forth really didn't do it for me.I wanted it to start from when the main characters are introduced to each other and show their dysfunctional relationship then skip a few years until they meet again.

I really liked the writing and it made me want to read on.There were some quite funny parts which is an obvious plus and also the chemistry between the main characters, I loved.There was passion, raw emotions, heartbreak, love and a second-chance? Who knows what will happen and how the story will continue.

"I want things to be different. If you want me to apologize, I'll do it until I lose my fucking voice. I just want things to be right between us. Talk to me. Help me fix this."

I'm not a fan of lots of push and pull, so one person begging for the other one and the not being together even though both the characters want to be together. Why do people not want to be happy? I like happy okay! I'm still trying to gather my thoughts on this one. I just didn't feel as connected to the story and characters as I like to be. And it did cause the book to drag for me, I don't usually take this long to read a book.

Came back to it and it 2.5 for the lack of connection but then there were parts that I enjoyed so I would overall give it 3 Stars.I really wish I could give it higher ratings but it just wasn't one for me.Even though I didn't love it you just might soo if it looks like something you would enjoy. do give it a shot and I hope it turns out better for you! :)


*ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review*


No comments:

Post a Comment