Wednesday 24 December 2014

Review: Disfigured Love by Georgia Le Carre



Synopsis

Once unmasked, can beauty love the beast?...

My name is Lena Seagull. I should still be in school, hanging out with friends, meeting boys, falling in love—just like you. But on my eighteenth birthday my father sold me. Now, those are yesterday’s dreams.

My home is now a remote castle. And the man who owns me? I have never seen him.

Guy Hawke keeps his face hidden under a mask. At first, I knew only fear, but now his voice and touch make me unashamedly want him. Each night, his hired help blindfolds me, and takes me to his room. He whispers that I am beautiful and we have wild, torrid sex. When I awaken he is always gone. 

He and his castle hold dark secrets that I must unravel, but what he fears most—being unmasked—is my deepest desire.

Will either of us survive the consequences of my desire?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review 
5 Beautiful Beast Stars!!


I loved this book! When I first saw this I was like, I need this book because this sounds great. I loved beauty and the beast (though I wanted him to always stay the beast and not turn back to a pretty boy) and I just couldn't wait to get started. I really needed this one to work for me since the previous book I had been reading had just been too slow and really wasn't working for me.So when I got this one I just hoped it would bring me out of the book funk.And it soooo did! I saw mixed ratings on GRs, looked like one of those that you love or just think they are meh. I've recently stopped judging a book because of the rating or reviews of others, well not judging but I do give some books a miss because of the stars which annoys me. I don't ever want to miss an incredible book because of book rating or other people's opinion.


"Have you ever done something shameful to survive?" I asked defiantly.
"Yes." His voice was unemotional and cold.
I was shocked. I had not really expected him to answer me.
"What?" I whispered.
"I bought you."


I'm so happy I read this one, it consisted of so much emotion and my heart was all over the place by the ending. This is the fist book I have read by Georgia Le Carre but it definitely won't be the last.The writing, the characters, the story had me at the edge of my seat.I was hooked from the first page and by the last I never wanted to let go. I wanted to curl up in this book and stay there..or maybe just in Guy's bed? That's cool too ;)

"The answer to the question you asked yesterday is simple. You are mine. You will always be mine and only mine. And while I am alive you will never have another man in you body."

I read through the night and really needed to put it down, and when I did I was still thinking about it. A chapter more can't hurt right? I need to know what will happen next!!

The top thing for me to love a book is that it has to make me feel, that doesn't mean it has to be all good feelings. Any emotion (other that hate for the characters and story lol) the author can draw out of me is a good thing!And this was one of those books for me, there were moments that were intense and painful. My heart felt like it was being squeezed so tight and other moments where I was giddy with happiness.And Lena's brothers part just bloody broke me *sobs* I was crushed and so angry, hurt and so many other feelings that don't have names.

“I thought I was holding on tight but she had slipped out like sand.”

I would have loved more Guy POVs, we just see small glimpses through his point of view. Oh and I want to know where the other siblings got to, what happened to them? Can they get their story? Because that would be awesome.Now I'm off to check out and add GLC's other books to my to-read!!


No comments:

Post a Comment