Friday 8 January 2016

Review: Elite (Eagle Elite, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken




Synopsis
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*
_________________________________

Buy here - Amazon UK | Amazon US

_____________________

My Review
4 Elite Stars!!

Okay I am kicking myself for not reading this sooner! A friend of mine had been telling me to read it for a while and I blew it off, just not really giving it much thought and then I realised that I requested this book from NetGalley ages ago and never got round to it. I decided to finally put me foot down and get reading. I remember starting a few pages but I was in a book funk and gave up to try again at a later time. Right now I have my reading mojo back and I was totally ready for it. I actually really enjoyed it and will definitely be reading on.

This is book 1 of Eagle Elite series and its got the whole mafia/criminal family thing going on which I had no idea about. My preconceived idea of this book was that it was some sort of spy/agent book? A school to train people in powers? Okay I can feel you all thinking what the hell? ..I don't even know what to say *shrugs* I guess I should stop assuming things.

"Maybe the world isn't as shiny and fun as you once thought. People are mean. Humanity is a cruel joke, Trace. I'm just trying to prevent them from getting the last laugh."

So the book, lets get back to the book. Trace is starting Eagle Elite College which is basically a college for the rich kids or those that will make the next presidents and so on. Trace is nothing like these people and the only reason she is here is because she won some sort of lottery that the college holds so one lucky winner gets to attend the college with all the rich people and so on.Trace is so out of her depth and it only gets worse when she meets Nixon and his crew who basically own the school and create all the rules. From then on things don't exactly go smoothly.


“—Nope. You’ve already broken a rule. I’m speaking, New Girl.” Chase smirked. “Geez, Nixon, this one’s going to be hard to break in.”
“They always are,” Nixon replied, lifting my chin with his hand. “But I think I’ll enjoy this one.”


Nixon, oh Nixon at the start I was like what the hell? Why are you so mean! But with all assholes you end up loving them in the end. Well actually is went more like me hating him to liking him to feeling lost and losing interest in him and just not knowing how I feel. I liked him as a bad boy or more of the guy in charge. On another note I got this feeling of a love triangle which I thought or was hoping didn't exist but now I'm a little miffed and seriously don't want the next book to be a full n love triangle because they usually really irritate me and someone always gets hurt and i start hating the girl for loving two men. Like please woman, stop being greedy!

Okay I'm going to quit ranting and get onto book 2, lets hope all goes well and it only gets better since I have heard a lot of people love this series. I want to be one of those people! ;)


*Arc provided by NetGalley for an honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment