Tuesday 29 September 2015

Review: Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins



Synopsis

Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?


My Review
4.5 Sweet Stars!!

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

Aww this was just such a cute, sweet book but that wasn't all it was, there was so much more to it.The cover being all pink and bright and you go into thinking oh it is going to be light and fluffy but it has topics that a lot of people can relate to.I don't really read young adult anymore because I always feel like the characters or topics won't be relate-able anymore or too childish for my liking. But I was wrong, so wrong because I started this book and couldn't stop it was this well written book which captured all these emotions, frustrations and the desperateness of first love. It was about belonging somewhere out of your comfort zone and finding home in an unexpected place.

“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”

Anna and St.Clair relationship developed slowly and I adored their friendship and how cute they were.There were a few times St.Clair annoyed me and I wanted to shake him and tell him to either risk it all or not give out dumb hints.I understood to an extent what he was doing and why he didn't want to risk it all but it was just a step that needed to be taken. The characters were all likeable, well St.Clair's girlfriend was meh, annoying.

The whole story had such an innocent, light-hearted vibe to it and I can't wait to carry on with the series.This may be my first book I have read by Stephanie Perkins but it definitely won't be my last. I love my paperback and need the rest of the books in the series, the colours would look so pretty on my shelf, the pink one is getting lonely. Oh and I apologise to every person who recommended this book and I put it off, shame on me! :D


"If you ask me to kiss you, I will," he says.

His fingers stroke the inside of my wrists, and I burst into flames.
"Kiss me," I say.
He does.



*I received this book in paperback for free through GoodReads First Reads*




No comments:

Post a Comment