Monday 21 September 2015

Review: A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5) by Linda Kage



Synopsis

Let your hair down, Caroline, they said. It'll be fun, they said. 

I know I've closed myself off in a major way over the past year, ever since “the incident” where I messed up my life completely. It's past time I try to live again or just give up altogether. But this is quite possibly the craziest thing I've ever done. In a last ditch effort to invigorate myself, I'm standing outside Oren Tenning's bedroom, I just peeled off the sexiest pair of underwear I own, and my hand is already raised to knock. My brother would disown me for doing anything with his best friend, and he'd probably kill Oren. But if I play my cards right, no one will ever know about this. Not even Ten. 

Maybe after tonight, I’ll finally get over this stupid, irrational crush I hate having on the biggest jerk I’ve ever met. Or maybe I’ll just end up falling for him even harder. Maybe I’ll discover there’s so much more to my crude, carefree hunk than meets the eye

Add to your TBR : Goodreads
Buy Links--->> Amazon UK | Amazon US 

My Review

5 Perfect Stars!!

"You're seriously breaking all my rules.You know that right?"
Her smile just grew.
"I'm beginning to get a clue"


Linda Kage continues to blow me away.As soon as I start any book of hers I just can't stop until I have finished it.So yeah all yesterday I was sneaking around trying to get a little extra reading in because I needed more, I just couldn't put it down and then wait this is the worst part..it ended! How fukin dare it end when I'm not done with it yet? I wanted it to carry on for at least 300 pages more or forever..that works too.

I was already a Caroline fan since I met her in Quinn's book, I'm not sure if she is in any other book I started the series from Be my hero and need to read the previous two books. And Ten was always a joker, at times rude and annoying but I always knew there would be more to him. LK made me fall in love with Oren so hard and gave this book a bit of everything. At times I was laughing out loud and the next on the verge of tears. Caroline was funny and obviously Oren was bloody hilarious, at times he said inappropriate things and still made them sound sweet and adorable! 

“What the fuck have you done to me Caroline? … Why couldn’t I stay away from you? … Why can’t I get enough of you? … What do I want to own every fucking piece of you?”

There were so many parts I wasn't expecting I went in kind of thinking it would be angsty and Caroline and Oren would be going back and forth, not knowing what they wanted.It wasn't like that, there was s much more to it.And finally Caroline's past all made sense and so did Oren's. There was such a deep sadness in his life, he was constantly battling it all, yet you would have never have known because he was so good at hiding it. You look at him and see this happy go lucky character, the class clown, not someone who has a big part of himself hidden even from his closest friends.

I can not wait to carry on with this series even though I'm not sure who this next character is but Linda Kage is awesome and I'm sure I will love whoever this Knox guy is as well, another author whose books will be ones I need to buy in paperback one day! I would definitely re-read them, well I have already re-read Picks book ;)

“Lick you later, baby”

No comments:

Post a Comment