Saturday 22 March 2014

Review: Destroyed By Pepper Winters


Synopsis
She has a secret.
I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated. 

I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free. 

He has a secret.
I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.
I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.
One secret destroys them.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Review
4 Tortured, Destroyed Stars!!


I don't know what to say, this book left me emotionally drained and so damn depressed.It was absolutely not what I thought it would be like, it was different and messed up.I wanted to read it really fast but had a few breaks, I was intrigued to see how the story would develop and what would happen yet I needed a break to think about rainbows and shit.Some parts were so damn depressing and the emotional parts there were a lot but..that one part that I really didn't want to happen..damn it! Broke my heart!!


"His presence made me forget everything but him. He took over my world. He was an eclipse."

A story of 2 lonely people who find each other when everything is going downhill. A tortured hero who can't let go the only woman who has made him feel anything. A strong woman who is struggling to cope with what the present and future holds.She thought he would be her escape from pain but life isn't fair and most things never work out as planned.

Pain brings them together, Pain makes feel alive, Pain makes her stronger.

This is Hazel and Fox's story, its not an ordinary story,its unique, raw and makes you feel so much that in parts you wished you couldn't feel at all. When Hazel step into an illegal fight club with her best friend and comes across the mysterious, dark, powerful owner Obsidian Fox everything changes.She is drawn to him, this is the first time she has felt anything like this but she can't act on her intense need for him.No, she has much important things to worry about.


But it seems like she isn't the only one feeling this pull, this need because Fox is feeling it too.After years of not wanting or needing anyone this takes his by surprise and he decides he wants her but that when things go wrong. Never having dated or had a normal relationship he goes about it all wrong and offers her money to stay with him making Hazel feel like a whore.But she really needs the money and she wont get an offer like this again so she takes it but later does she realises she is in way over her head.


But the moment I walked into Obsidian, the taste of violence rejuvenated me-- reminding me I was a fighter, and I would win. I just wished I could've avoided the catalyst that destroyed me. 

Him. 
Obsidian Fox.


Obsidian Fox is a tortured man, he keeps to himself and isn't around people.He can't be touched which really doesn't help matters.After having a horrific past and being kidnapped and trained to be an assassin as a child when someone touches him it brings back everything they drilled into his head.To kill. He can't run from his past its all around him, he needs help and Hazel sees something passed the aggressive killer.A lonely boy whose childhood was ripped apart, someone needing to be loved but can she help him or will she just be destroyed in the process.

This is a well written book that focuses on a dark tortured characters, a page turner and a story which will leave you thanking Pepper Winters for that HEA because if this had a sad ending I was going to kill someone.It HAD to be happy or else..


The dual POV was killing me at times, I just couldn't decide if I wanted to kill fox/Hazel or admire them sometimes.His POV made me all sad and I felt so sorry for him and then from Hazel's POV its all just really fucked up.And damn it they annoyed me at times the whole communication problems and Hazel keeping secrets I was screaming in my head at her to TELL HIM NOWWW! it made me want to pull my hair out! Overall it was a great story and I am looking forward to what Pepper Winters will release next!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment