Sunday 2 March 2014

Review: Ravage Me (Ravage MC #1) By Ryan Michele



Synopsis

After spending the last two years stuck behind bars for a crime she didn’t commit, Harlow ‘Princess’ Gavelson’s time inside has finally come to an end, and she’s ready for revenge. Unfortunately, being the daughter to the Vice President of the Ravage Motorcycle Club cuts into her plans, as orders must be followed. Trying to settle back into this life is proving difficult when the tables are turned and the woman who framed her is out for blood. Lucky for Princess, growing up in a MC has taught her how to hold her own.


After spending years in hell overseas, Donavon ‘Cruz’ came home to lose the very thing he went into hell for, sending him to the darkest moments of his life. Joining Ravage two years ago was his safe haven, and he protects his family at all costs. 



When a dark-haired bombshell struts into the club’s shop, he’s caught off guard but immediately knows she’s the one he’d do anything for. Tough as nails, and taking no crap from anyone, he’s captivated by a woman who could handle this life. Trying to meet the needs of the MC business and follow his heart proves to be difficult when the two collide, and lives are at stake. 



Can these two find a way to be together, or will the needs of Ravage cost them everything, including their lives?



*Contains mature content including, sex and violence. Mature audiences only.*




My Review

2.5-3 Crazy Biker Stars!!

okay I think this is the first MC book I have read so I have nothing to compare it to so I have decided to check out a few more when i have the time.Anyone want to recommend some of their favs? I'm up for that.There was a lot of things I was like whaaat?! Most of them regarding the rules of the club.


It all starts off when you meet Harlow who is the Ravage MC’s “Princess”.She has been locked up for 2 years for a crime she didn't commit.She was framed and now that she is out she wants revenge.


“I may have a pussy, but I ain’t one. I’ve got bigger balls than most guys out there. Even though I’ll never be a member of the club, because it’s not possible, I always hold my head up high.."


When she comes back to the club to meet her family she has a run in with Cruz who she hasn't met before. He takes a liking to her,okay that's an understatement its basically instant love which I didn't really get.He hardly knew her i found that weird and then he decides to act like she is his and no one else can have her.Its like uhmm..does she even have a choice here?

"Princess" has a rule though, she doesn't sleep with brothers, no way does she want to be a club whore.Being around the club her whole life she has seen most of the guys do their worst and there has been a lot of cheating.She can't put up with that and cant risk the tension that would ensue if she was with a brother and things went bad.She wont share her man and will never be just a piece of meat any of the brother can take from.

Cruz doesn't chase after women, none have ever mattered to him.The ups and turns in his life have left him pretty alone but joining the club changed things.He fits in here and somehow he knows that Harlow fits into his life.he wont let her get away now he has to get her to see things his way, see how good they would be together.

“I stared at the smart, beautiful women before me. There were no words that could describe the way I felt about her. Love didn’t seem to be enough. Sole mate seemed to pussy-ish to say. But something. Some deeper connection was happening with us.”

I enjoyed the twists and some unexpected parts and I ended up reading this pretty quickly.Oh and have you seen the cover? Ahh love it!:D
I liked how Harlow was respected by all the guys in a way because of the way she was. They are all like family to her and they would do anything to protect her.

I'm all for badass heroines but I don't know why Harlow's inner dialogue just annoyed me at times. I think by the ending i kind of warmed up to her but I just felt something missing.I felt like things moved way too quickly with the relationship between Cruz and Princess to other aspects of the book.I didn't feel much of a connection between Cruz and Harlow which left me rather disappointed.


**ARC provided for an honest review**


No comments:

Post a Comment