Monday 31 March 2014

Review: Kiss an Angel By Susan Elizabeth Phillips


Synopsis

Wedding Day 

Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little feather-head with champagne tastes. He drags Daisy from her uptown life to a broken down traveling circus and sets out to tame her to his ways.

But this man without a soul has met his match in a woman who's nothing but heart. Before long, passion will send them flying sky high without a safety net... risking it all in search of a love that will last forever.




My Review
5 Brilliant, Beautiful, Amazing Stars!

Okay I bloody loved this book! It was just amazing and I know that I will deffo be re-reading this one day because that's how good it was..Anddd into my favourites it goes ;)

Do you want a funny yet moving, gripping, awesome read? Yeah? GO READ THIS BOOK NOW! :D

I loved how different this book was to the normal cliche books I seem to keep picking up.this book evoked emotion, laughter, joy, sadness and much more.I was taken on a journey and I got lost in the pages, I lived and wanted to stay in this book forever. The magical setting of a circus was brilliant and I am so glad I read this book!

You meet Daisy and find out that she is getting married to someone she hasn't met..She doesn't want to get married but her father has had enough of her and forces her to get married to a man he picked out.Its basically an arrangement which her father has set up. She goes along with it as she doesn't have any money to do anything else and he believes she owes him.When you first meet Alex I was like eh? wait is he going to be the main character? wow I didn't know what to think or expect.


‘She dug her nails into her palms and told herself she had no choice. "I, Theodosia..." She gulped for air. "...take thee Alexander..." She gulped again. "...to be my awful wedded husband...”


Daisy thinks she can get out of the arrangement which is for 6 months, if she leaves Alex before that time her father will have nothing to do with her and she wont have any money to do anything.Deciding that the only way out is to make a deal with her so called husband who treats her like a spoiled brat.He pays half the money her father paid him for marriage and they go their own ways and her father wouldn't know anything.That plan fails when he declines and they end up at the circus.

"We can do this easy, or we can do it rough. Either way, I'm going to win. You decide how it'll be."

Alex is such an arsehole at times but his comments made me laugh, his past made me want to squeeze him and never let go.He is hard on Daisy , pushing her way beyond her limits and trying to make her crack.the quicker she understands she can't handle being with him the easier it would be on Alex.For him the marriage isn't a real marriage just an arrangement, just a favour and nothing more.

“Well alright then," His eyes glittered. "I get my kicks whipping woman I have sex with and you're next on my list. Now I'm going to take a shower.”

Daisy has always seen marriage as a sacred bond and she is willing to make this work no matter how much Alex pushes her, she is strong, stubborn and won't give up that easily.I love their bickering and how amusing they were.Being with Alex changes Daisy for the better he pushes her makes her work hard, feel confident and stronger.

Daisy is perfect for Alex, someone who feels he can't love due to his past.She is loving, caring and patient with him, she is the opposite of him and that works, he needs someone soft and caring rather than strong willed, arrogant and well you know..too much like him! I Love love loved Alex! I want more, I really didn't want it to end and I couldn't stop reading,I was up late at night totally captured by this book.

“I don't love you anymore", she whispered. "I don't love you at all." His throat closed. "It's all right, sweetheart. I love you enough for both of us.”


Oh and how could I forget the amazing animals who have their own place in my heart! I loved all the animals (I just realised I missed out the gorilla damn it!) they represented many of the characters in a way, they were caged whether it was by their pride, their greed or their loved ones. Lots of the characters like the animals were lonely all they needed was one person to look at them differently, to care about then, to see them and love them.

This was my first SEP book and it definitely wont be my last!


No comments:

Post a Comment