Monday 17 November 2014

Review: Black Box by Cassia Leo



Synopsis
Over the course of five years, Mikki and Crush cross paths on three separate occasions. Their first encounter changes Mikki’s life forever, but their second meeting leaves them both buried beneath the emotional wreckage of a violent attack. Mikki is left with more questions and grief than she can handle, while Crush is forced to forget the girl who saved his life. 

Now nineteen years old, Mikki Gladstone has decided she’s tired of the mind-numbing meds. She books a flight to Los Angeles to end her life far away from her loving, though often distant, family. 

Twenty-one-year-old Crush has always channeled his blackest thoughts into his music, but he’s never had great aspirations. He decides to fly to Los Angeles to record a demo of the only song he’s never performed in public; a song he wrote for a girl he doesn’t even know: Black Box. He has no expectations of fame and he’s never felt like his life had any purpose… until he meets Mikki in Terminal B. 

When Mikki and Crush cross paths for the third time in Terminal B, neither has any idea who the other person is; until they slowly piece together their history and realize that fate has more in store for them than just another love story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Review
3 Black Box Stars!!


I have had this arc for a while and finally got round to it. I don't know what it was I thought would happen in this book but its really wasn't anything like i was expecting. I thought it was well written yet at times I felt like its was too slow for me, it dragged at times and I wanted it to pick up speed.I loved how this book was unique and the synopsis really draws you in.

This book alternates between Crush and Mikki's POV so we get to know both the characters as individuals and what is happening in their life.I always love dual POVs since I feel like it makes you feel more connected to both characters and you don't feel as frustrated with their actions because you can kind of see where they are coming from.


I don’t believe in coincidence or fate

But I know one thing for sure
Your face was meant to be
Burned into the deepest reaches
Of my blackest memories.


Mikki's POV was written really well and it was pretty depressing being in her head. She wanted to die, she had finally had enough.Totally felt what she was feeling yet I wanted to reach in and change it all. Scream that she couldn't kill herself, keep fighting!It was like no hope left and then in walks Crush and things start looking up.Pieces start joining together and we find about how they met before and what happened in the past to change both their lives.

I loved Crush! Bless him, he was so patient and loving.He also had a rough past, one that still haunts him but Mikki changed his life a few years back. He just didn't know who she was at that point.But another meeting, different circumstances and fate pushing to make them meet. What will happen? Will it all end in tragedy?

“...not all stories have happy endings; but that doesn't mean they're not worth the read.”

Overall it was okay but I don't think it was a book for me. I didn't really that connected to the characters and wanted more from the ending.This is the first book I have read by Cassia Leo and since lots of her books have been recommended to me I will check them out and see how they go!


**Arc provided by NetGalley for an honest review**



No comments:

Post a Comment