Saturday 22 November 2014

Review: Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2) by Pepper Winters

Book 1- Tears of Tess - My ReviewAmazon UK | Amazon US
Book 2 Quintessentially Q - (Review below) 
Book 3- Twisted Together - Amazon UK | Amazon US


Synopsis
The highly anticipated sequel to the Monsters in the Dark series. 

“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… screwed up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs do make a right." 

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do. 

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

4 Dark Stars!!


"You’re my obsession, I’m your possession. You own the deepest part of me."

I didn't understand Q at first, why he has such dark urges even with what he went through as a kid. I feel like we all have a choice in which path you take, to let or to keep away the darkness, to choose a different path. But then again some things aren't easily ignored some urges are too powerful. I guess he did try because he is helping these innocent women out.So there I was trying to analyse Q and thinking ooh maybe he should have found another outlet for his darkness something that wouldn't cause anyone else harm..well unless it was fighting that would have been okay hah!

“Because you’re my monster in the dark, and I’m yours.”

I felt like Q unknowingly caused Tess harm in the beginning it was degrading and she was uncomfortable with it all even though she said she wanted it there needs to be a certain level of trust for it all to work out.They were both testing the waters to see how far they could push each other or let themselves be pushed. They were both unsure and Q didn't know what was happening with what he was feeling with Tess and he needed some control back.

We broke each other, and the only way to stay whole was to entwine ourselves, gluing the jagged parts, stitching our souls into one.

Then there is a huge twist which changes everything! A new side of Q comes to light which I loved, he opens up more.You find out how much he loves Tess and her beauty, strength and much more.You also see a traumatised Tess.I felt sorry for her and what she faces and her response was pretty normal. But when reading Q's pov I was annoying and wanted to hug him and reassure him things would be okay.Near the end I just wanted to shake Tess I was getting really pissed off and then the ending aww!

There is another book and I felt like it could have ended here.But hey more is good I'm looking forward to see what will happen.Q and Tess babies would be cool ;)



**ARC provided by author for an honest review**



No comments:

Post a Comment