Friday 14 November 2014

Review: A Moment (Moments #1) by Marie Hall



Synopsis
A chance meeting... Life didn't turn out the way I'd ever hoped it would. I got pregnant at 14. Same year my mom got diagnosed with MS. Dad bailed on us and my life felt like it suddenly started to spiral out of control. I'm 21 now, I go to college, I work hard, trying to make something of myself. I wasn't supposed to be at that burlesque bar Valentine's Day. I wasn't supposed to meet Ryan Cosgrove, but I did. And now nothing will ever be the same. Love born from pain... I'm a retired Marine, an MMA fighter, and when I was younger something terrible happened to me. Life is hard and I'm so tired of pretending its not. I'm in a burlesque bar, drowning my sorrows, trying to shut out the demons breathing down my neck always reminding me I'm not good enough. Then I see Liliana Delgado and something inside of me- something I'd thought long dead- stirs to life. I wonder... can she save me? I hope she can, because I don't think I can save myself. This is our moment...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review
4.5 Beautiful Stars!!


This is a free read, yes FREE!! After reading the synopsis I quickly went to one-click only to have amazon tell me er..you already have it. Don't be clicking a million times on the same book, bitch.So I went through my kindle app thinking no amazon you lie! I would have read it by now.But then to my utter shock at the bottom, there it was. How dare I neglect this book? So I started it and wow what a journey it was.I loved it, I knew I was going to love it just by looking at the synopsis ;)


'Home.

I don't have one of those anymore.'


Ryan is struggling with life.He has demons and they are eating away at him.He tries getting rid of they by getting drunk but even that doesn't help.His past won't let him live and so the time comes when he decides to end it all.

'A broken heart can kill.Maybe that will be the way I go.'

Liliana has struggled through life after her dad threw her aside when he found out she was pregnant.Now she is 21yrs old and has a 7yr old autistic son. She is lost, lonely and then she meets Ryan. That one night will change everything, they just don't know it yet.

'She's taking the broken pieces and gluing them all together.I'm not perfect, there are still defects, but I'm standing and that's all that matters.'

I loved it, loved how it was different and how it made me feel.I wanted to hold Ryan, squeeze him tight and make all his demons go away.Liliana was a likeable character, strong beautiful and much more.How are there not more reviews for this book? Beautiful, heartbreaking book that you will not want to stop reading.It's one of those books where you start reading and next think you know you are at 98% then you start panicking because you don't want it to end!

This is a standalone with dual point of views so you get an insight to both main characters.Can't wait to read Alex's book next!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment