Sunday 9 November 2014

Review: Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City #2) by Penny Reid



Synopsis
Friends Without Benefits can be read as a standalone, is a full length 120k word novel, and is book#2 in the Knitting in the City Series. 

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Finney: 1) She suffers from severe sarcastic syndrome, especially when she's unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her like Nico Manganiello, and 3) She knows how to knit. 

Elizabeth Finney is almost always right about everything: the musical merits of boy bands are undervalued by society, “benefits” with human Ken dolls are better without friendship, and the sun has set on her once-in-a-lifetime chance for true love. But when Elizabeth’s plans for benefits without friendship are disarmed by the irritatingly charismatic and chauvinistic Nico Manganiello- her former nemesis- she finds herself struggling to maintain the electric fence around her heart while avoiding electrocution or, worse, falling in love.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review
4 Knitting Stars!

Why do I take so long getting round to writing some reviews? I'm sorry Penny! Finally getting round it and now I need to recap the story.
....................

Okay here goes ;)

“He was hot like lava and sexy like cake. Wait, like lava cake. Yum.”

I decided before reading this one I had to read book 1 even though this book can be read as a standalone. I don't usually go into a book which is in a series without starting from the beginning or else I feel like I am missing out on something. I liked book 1 but this book got better!

If you need a book to make you laugh out loud, giggle and swoon over a hot Italian , then this is the book for you.This is book 2 in the 'Knitting in the City' series and it is about Elizabeth Finney and Nico Manganiello.They may have shared a past but never would Elizabeth think they would share something in the future. They used to be childhood friends who parted due to a misunderstanding, feelings and a hell of a lot more.



Elizabeth is 26yrs old Medical Doctor who has her career all sorted but her love life is a whole different story.She believes in only one true love so resorts to hooking up and then leaving them after a while. She was sarcastic, funny and at times annoying because she wouldn't let herself just be happy. She was insecure despite being successful and she needed to work on communicating with Nico.

"It doesn't matter how much you avoid it, love finds you. Love will hunt you down, throw you over it's shoulder, pull you kicking and screaming caveman style by the hair, and bludgeon you with its love club until you submit. It's the most relentless force in the Universe. There is no where you can run-"

Now Nico he was really something.I really liked Nico the sexy Italian who was also sweet and funny!He teased her as a kid but that's what guys do when they are immature and like someone. Did he take it too far? You be the judge of that. I love how he was though as a man and that CD he gives her with each song telling her more that he can say in words.

Loved the knitting group! Them ladies were awesome, I want to join ;)



**ARC provided by the author for an honest review!**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Penny Reid
Bio: SEX! It all started with sex, between my parents. Personally I don’t like thinking about it, but whatever works for you is a-ok with me. No judgment. The sex happened in California and much of my life also occurred in that state until I moved from the land of nuts (almonds), wine, silicon… boobs, and heavy traffic to the southeast US. Like most writers I like to write, but let’s get back to sex. Eventually I married and gave birth to 2 small people-children (boy-6, girl-4 as of this writing).
By day I’m a biomedical researcher with focus on rare diseases. By night I’m a knitter, sewer, lino block carver, fabric printer, soap maker, and general crafter. By the wee hours of the morning or when I’m intoxicated I love to listen to the voices in my head and let them tell me stories.  I hope you enjoy their stories.

Connect with Penny:
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReidRomance
If you knit/crochet, you can also find her here:  http://www.ravelry.com/people/ReidRomance

No comments:

Post a Comment