Saturday 21 September 2013

Review: Tears of Tess (Tears of Tess #1) By Pepper Winters



Synopsis
A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.


“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”


Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Review

4 What.The.Bloody.Fuck, Disturbing, Sparrow loving star!!



What would you do if you were taken?
Made to become a slave?
Would you submit and become numb to it all?
Or would you fight to survive?


This is a great debut novel for Pepper Winters! Bravo!
This is an incredible painful,broken story based around human trafficking, pain, pleasure, submission, ownership and belonging.

Tess was never normal with family that neglected and abandoned her stamping her as a mistake to her boyfriend Brax who cant accept her for who she is but also wont let her go as she is the only one he has to call family. She pushes her desires away as she feels embarrassed and feels hurt as Brax always puts her down makes her feel like what she wants is wrong..Is it so wrong that she wants to be tied up, spanked? That she wants him to dominate her?

"Brax wanted me. Brax was safe. I loved him in my own way."

What happens when her fantasies become reality? What happens when she has no say? When she meets evil, cold people who look at her as nothing but an object to satisfy their pleasure?..Nothing but a slave..

“I hadn’t gone Stockholmy- I hated him, knew what he did was wrong, but my body, shit, my body didn’t care.”

Things seem to be going well in Tess's life, well as good as they can be with Brax. He surprises her and takes her on holiday, Tess decides this is the time where she will share her fantasies with him..But nothing really goes as planned and she ends up being taken by some men and the last she sees of Brax is him laying in his own blood. Next thing you know and Tess has been sold..

Sold to a world of torture, pain and slavery..
How hard would you fight to escape?



“I want to hurt you.

I want to own you.

I want to devour you.
I want to make you mine.
I’m already yours.”


She is shipped of and arrives at a mansion and in steps Q her new master.The moment he sets eyes on her he knows she is different.And he knows he has to make her his.Tess sees Q as a mystery, a mysterious monster. Is he really evil or is there more to this powerful rich man than meets the eye?

"Only think of me and what I’m doing. There is intimacy in pain esclave. Let me make your pain my pleasure."

He has secrets of his own and demons he is trying to keep at bay. There are two sides to Q the monster and then there is the man.. what happens when the monster wants to take what he believes is rightfully his?
Tess is curious about her new master, why is he so angry or sad? What is it that he hides from everyone? How can he be a good person if he buys slaves? Ahh questions, questions..


What will happen when Tess collides into Q's world and turns everything upside down?



Will her need to escape from Q bring her more pain than she can handle?

When I finished this book I really had to stop and gather myself as my emotions were all over the place..I really couldn't tell you what I was feeling just a big bundle of fucked up emotions!I was like uhmmm is it wrong that I fell for Q in all his fucked up ways?
He is as broken as Tess they both need the pain as well as the pleasure. They are two pieces of a puzzle. They need to learn to accept who they are and be more open with each other and not let their pasts define their present.They both bury down their darkness their fantasies and act like they are normal.

I cant wait to find out how the story continues, how their relationship will grow or will it be broken?


*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EV9LSJI

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EV9LSJI

2 comments: