Sunday 8 September 2013

Review: Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers #1) By J.A.Redmerski



Synopsis

Sarai was only fourteen when her mother uprooted her to live in Mexico with a notorious drug lord. Over time she forgot what it was like to live a normal life, but she never let go of her hope to escape the compound where she has been held for the past nine years.

Victor is a cold-blooded assassin who, like Sarai, has known only death and violence since he was a young boy. When Victor arrives at the compound to collect details and payment for a hit, Sarai sees him as her only opportunity for escape. But things don’t go as planned and instead of finding transport back to Tucson, she finds herself free from one dangerous man and caught in the clutches of another.

While on the run, Victor strays from his primal nature as he succumbs to his conscience and resolves to help Sarai. As they grow closer, he finds himself willing to risk everything to keep her alive; even his relationship with his devoted brother and liaison, Niklas, who now like everyone else wants Sarai dead.

As Victor and Sarai slowly build a trust, the differences between them seem to lessen, and an unlikely attraction intensifies. But Victor’s brutal skills and experience may not be enough in the end to save her, as the power she unknowingly holds over him may ultimately be what gets her killed.

This is their story…

My Review

5 Fast Paced, Action Packed Stars!!

“In the end, you can only trust yourself. I am not your hero. I am not the other half of your soul who could never let anything bad ever happen to you. Trust your instincts first always, and me, if you choose, last.”


Killing Sarai starts off with a bang! I was hooked and could not stop reading it..It is a brilliant action packed thriller I felt like I was in a movie aha! This is the first book I have read by J.A. Redmerski I will be moving all her book to the top of my tbr shelf!

The story is about Sarai who was only fourteen when her mother uprooted her to live in Mexico with a notorious drug lord. Over time she learned to survive in the situations she found herself in and lost all hope that she would ever live a normal life..the one thing she never lost hope on, was escape..freedom.So when an American comes to make a deal with her owner she thinks its a great way to escape.

Little does she know that things don't always go to plan. The American called Victor,who she thought she would escape with turns out to be a cold-blooded assassin.She finds herself free from one dangerous man and caught in the clutches of another.


"I need you to help me... I've been a prisoner of Javier's since I was fourteen years old."
"And you assume I'm going to help because I am also American," he said simple.
I hesitate before I answer, "I-I... well why wouldn't you?"
"It is not my business to interfere."
"Then what IS your business? I ask with a trace of distaste. "To murder people in cold blood?"
"Yes."


As Victor and Sarai grow closer they see how they aren't that different from each other. Victor finds himself risking everything to keep Sarai alive,even his relationship with his devoted brother and liaison, Niklas, who now like everyone else wants Sarai dead.

"Despite my growing fear, I still want to be right where I am, trapped in the merciless arms of a killer."

I loved it! There wasn't a dull moment in this book it was bloody perfect! Loved all the characters and the story-line. I cant wait to find out more about Victor, I really need the next book like NOW!

Sarai is a beautiful strong character who is a survivor. She has been in difficult messed up situations that many people wouldn't survive but she comes out of them alive and stronger then ever before.

Are killers born? Or are they made due to atrocities they witness? Is it a choice?

Victor is a cold blooded Assassin with a conscience..Yes I fell for him! He was just amazing.I wanted to know more about him he finds it difficult to trust people which is understandable in his line of work, yet he starts opening up to Sarai. I loved the fact that the book was in both Sarai's and Victor's POV it gave me a better overall understanding of the situations and about how they both felt.

I just didn't want it to end..






Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DH5FT4M

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DH5FT4M

No comments:

Post a Comment