Monday 23 September 2013

Review: Hit 149 - Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT #1) By Margaret McHeyzer


Synopsis
‘I’m standing here, on top of the building and I need to remind myself to breathe. It’s not like I haven’t done this 146 times before. It’s not like I’m NOT the best in the business. I am the best at this because as sick as it sounds, I WANT to be here. I love doing what I do. I can tell you that I have been in this line of work for the last 13 years. I didn’t quite fall into it, I actually sought it out. I am undoubtedly the best in the industry. I am respected amongst all the big players. I am the biggest player of them all. If a rookie tried to come along and show me up as an example of their capabilities, it didn’t take long for me to work out what they were about.
There is no hesitation. No second thoughts. No doubts. No emotions. No feelings.’ ~ Anna Brookes

Anna Brookes is the most dangerous woman that you hope you will never know.
Her life of danger started the day she turned 15.
The 13 years that follow shapes her life to have her become the most deadly and lethal woman.
HiT 149 becomes her most difficult target. Does she pull the trigger or does she risk becoming the target herself?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review
"My name is Anna Brookes and I am the most dangerous woman you will ever know.I am the best assassin in the world."

Wow! I loved this book, what a bloody roller-coaster. I was hooked right from the start and I really didn't want it to end.

Anna's is a killer..Are killers born or are they created?
Anna is a strong, deadly, independent, arrogant at times woman with revenge and killing on her mind.
From the first time she held a gun she knew that she would always want it, need it..Shooting was always easy for her she became a star at the shooting range.Her aim was always on point.


"Mistake number one. There is no warning in this business. There is no second chances. Which is why, I was on top of my game.

There is no hesitation. No second chances. No doubts. No emotions. No feelings."


Her life is turned upside down at the age of 15 when two shady men become interested in her talent and end up destroying her only living family.She has to learn to survive by herself. In a world so cruel that its either kill or be killed.

"If I don't take out the target, I become the target."

What happens when things change? What happens when she meets a man she cant stop thinking about and then finds out that he is her next victim.

When Anna meets Ben sparks fly and things seem much more than a one night stand.She cant have that, she cant get close to him but it seems that life has other plans.

At the start of this book you meet a woman who is content in her life, she is a killer and she has embraced her lifestyle there is nothing amiss. At the end of this book you find out that she is much more human than she makes out to be, she wants and needs love as much as everyone else its just that she has been alone for so long and avoids attachments that she feels like she is numb to it all.

"I an untraceable, I am unidentifiable, I am a ghost.I choose to have no friends; I choose to live a life of isolation and solitude."

This book had everything I needed, it was hot, fast-paced, heart-racing, filled with suspense mystery and much more.All I can say is ..Wow you go girl..now give me book 2 NOW!:D

There were so many unexpected twists and turns I was never bored I felt like I was in an action movie!Oh and I loved Ben, he is amazing all the way through I hope we find out more about him and maybe some more from his POV. This book was in Anna's POV and it's awesome but I want more Ben as well!


*ARC provided by the lovely author for an honest review*




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buy Links
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D7ID3C4

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7ID3C4



No comments:

Post a Comment