Thursday 6 November 2014

Review: Damaged and the Beast (Damaged #1) by Bijou Hunter



Synopsis


Farah Smith dreams of attending college and becoming a teacher. After suffering through a rough childhood, she embraces a chance to start over at a small college in Kentucky. Her dream finally within reach, Farah plans to keep her head down, work hard, and live a safe dull life.


Until she meets Cooper Johansson, the gorgeous heir to a family business on the wrong side of legal. Sporting tattoos and a crude manner, he reminds Farah of a past she desperately wishes to forget. What begins as lust soon grows into something more powerful than either expects.


Can Farah tame the beast inside the bad boy she desires? And will Cooper heal the damage inside the girl of his dreams?


Warning: This novel contains scenes of a sexual nature, violent themes, and coarse language. It is intended for mature readers.

Add to Goodreads


Buy Links --->> Amazon UK | Amazon US  (FREE!!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review


3 Damaged Stars!


This has been on my kindle for ages now and I have just let it be.I think it was a free for a time on amazon and that's when I got it.Recently I decided to clean up my kindle since I just seem to keep adding more books and leaving behind the rest and without giving them a shot. I mainly started to work through my arc list but this was a random one I wanted to get through. Lying there at the bottom, being all neglected! So that's why I started reading it I hadn't really heard much about it so I thought meh why not?

Staring up at Cooper, I held his gaze and forced a smile. “I like you a lot. I don’t think we make any sense, but I wish we did.”

Farah Smith has had to leave her dad and sister behind and attend college which has always been her dream.Her life hasn't been easy not with what happened to her in the past and its not getting easier especially with the fact that she has to be away from her best friend or only friend and sister and start new with a mother who doesn't want her.

Cooper Johansson is a local bad boy that everyone wants or is afraid of.His family is respected and feared in the community. Cooper and Farah meet in class and they are drawn to each other yet Farah wants nothing to do with a scary looking, tattooed bad boy.

“This date. You’re really giving me a chance, right? I need for you to be open to things and not just playing along because I said I would keep chasing. I need a real chance because you’ve got me all messed up inside.”

I really liked Cooper even though he was an arsehole at times and did some stupid things he really did want more from her. Farah had me so annoyed at times like ahhh *Pulling my hair out* So whiny and awkward at times.It's like womaaaan there is a hot man who wants you. Embrace it haha. Then again I understood later on why she did certain things but still it wasn't enough.I wanted her to get some help and sort her past crap out.

There were some funny moments which I loved and this book had alot of potential.I just wanted Farah to be more uhmm...badass? something like that.Also Bailey? I bloody hated her.She isn't cute little sister kinda girl she is a bitch.So self absorbed as was Skye.Not good friends at all and their advice was stupid pft! I didn't really know what to rate this book 2.5 or 3 so because this book did have parts I truly did enjoy I will stick to 3 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment