Thursday 22 January 2015

Review: The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées #1) by Julie Garwood



Synopsis
By edict of the king, the mighty Scottish laird Alec Kincaid must take an English bride. His choice was Jamie, the feisty youngest daughter of Baron Jamison. Alec ached to touch her, to tame her, to possess her forever. But Jamie vowed never to surrender to this highland barbarian. Though his kisses fired her blood, shadowed secrets from Alec's past threatened Jamie's happiness. She brazenly resisted him - until one rapturous moment quelled their clash of wills, and something far more dangerous than desire promised to conquer her heart.

Buy Links-->> Amazon UK | Amazon US

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

5 Fantastic Stars!!

This is the first Julie Garwood book I have read, can you believe it? I can't. I loved this book, its definately going on my favourites shelf and one I will probably re-read when I'm in the mood for it. If you love strong female leads, alpha males or highlander historical romances this is the perfect book for you!


He'd deliberately lengthened his speech, giving her time to react to his announcement. He thought he was being most considerate.

She thought he was demented.

'Jamie was, at first, too stunned to do more than stare in horror at the warlord. When she finally gained her voice, she shouted, "It will be a frigid day in heaven before I marry you, milord, a frigid day indeed."
"You've just described the Highlands in winter, lass. And you will marry me."
"Never."
Exactly one hour later, Lady Jamison was wed to Alec Kincaid.”



This book kept me awake at night I just did not want to put it down! I'm going to be adding every Julie Garwood book to my TBR..because there aren't enough already ;) Jamie was a strong lead and Alec was just awesome.They were so funny together and some parts made me smile so hard, giggle and other made my heart hurt. I can't wait to read more by this author!


“My wife." 

"By what name is she called, Kincaid?" 
"Mine.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment