Tuesday 3 February 2015

Some Book Series I Need To Carry On With..

Sooo I read a lot of series, I love them. I know everyone complains about them dragging out of the books not being released and the wait and blah blah. Yup they have their downside but I think the positives cancel out the negatives..most of the time. You get to really get to know the character, keep them longer and sometimes the books get better and you just can't get enough of them. So I thought I would make a list of some (The top ones that come to mind) of the series I have started and only read book 1 of and haven't got a chance to carry on with. But I really bloody need to because I really enjoyed the first book! So in no particular order here they are...


1. OUTLANDER series By Diana Gabaldon


Historical romance, time travel and Kilt lovers this one is for you..and everyone else!! I used to see or read historical romance and I would cringe and hide, I felt like oh god this is going to be like a history lesson with characters I can't relate to but I pushed myself to read this and now I love historical romance I have read so many more and don't think I will get enough of them! This book is amazing. I LOVE JAMIE! But yeah try quickly get past first 15% and I swear it gets soooo good. I started the Tv show when I finished this one and I fell in love with it, I think the cast is perfect and cant wait for more. And this is one book I need to get back to ASAP!


2. MORE THAN series By Jay McLean


I remember reading More than this and totally loving it. The story, the characters kept me hooked and I just didnt want it to end.It has a bit of everything and I love happily ever afters and books that make laugh and smile so hard. Loved this group of friends and I seriously can not wait to get to Logan's book. I have a soft spot for him.I really want to get this series in paperback. Also this author rocks ;)
And I have an arc to her new book called Where The Road Takes Me. The cover is so pretty and I will probably be reading that very soon!


3. THE LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer


Cinder is a retelling of Cinderella and when I heard this I was a bit skeptical but ohhh its awesome and so different. I didn't feel like I was reading Cinderella. Cinder is a cyborg and there are so many different things happening and it ends at a cliffhanger. I have the next book in paperback..why haven't I read it yet!?

4. WHITE RABBIT CHRONICLES By Gena Showalter


I read this book a while ago and at the time to second book hadn't been released, I think that's the main reason I havent completed this series. I may have forgotten about it, I seriously need to wait until all books are out before starting a series.But that's probably not going to happen. I randomly found this one whilst browsing GoodReads and I'm so thankful. Never have I thought I would enjoy a book with zombies in it but I was proved wrong. I really liked the characters and I think I may have to have a re read or skim through because I don't remember everything that happened.Oh and the covers are so frikin pretty..why am I using the word pretty so many times :O 


5. THE SEVEN DEADLY series By Fisher Amelie

First of all look at this cover! I absolutely love it. I read this one last year and it was so different and awesome I wanted it to carry on. The next book in this series is called Greed and I've heard some good things on it so I can't wait to get to it. I might just buy it now so that will motivate me to read it asap!


6. PUSHING THE LIMITS By Katie McGarry 

I read this when I was at college I think, I remember borrowing it from the library and falling in love with it. I can't resist books with bad boys who fall for the opposite. Opposites attract yes big believer here. I want more, no..I need more! I just need to fit in all these book. If only I could read super fast.

7. FOREVER series By J.M. Darhower


If you havent read Sempre, you should go buy it right now! This is one beautiful, powerful read and one of those books I will always remember. Everything about this book for me was bloody perfection and I will definitely be reading it again. I think because this was so perfect for me I'm a little scared to read the second book. I think even if this book had been a standalone it would have been perfect but its carrying on and I need someone to hold me hand through it because I want to love it as much as the first. This is another series I need in paperback, they would look so pretty on my shelf ;) 



Have you read any of these? Thoughts? Comment below and help me choose which series to carry on with first!
Love ya all x

No comments:

Post a Comment