Friday 30 August 2013

Review: Fear of falling By S.L.Jennings



Synopsis
I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn't bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I've run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn't run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn't the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn't the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.

“Don’t worry,” he smiled, pulling me into the hard warmth of his chest. “I’ve got you. I’ll always catch you when you fall.”

And just like that, Blaine had staked his claim on the untouched part of me that no living soul had ever moved. He had captured every fear, every reservation, and crushed them in the palm of his inked hand.


My Review

Fear(Noun)

An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.


Everyone is scared of something we all fear things it may be simple as fear of heights and spiders to fear that gets a lot more irrational..fear or falling..fear of feeling too deeply..fear of love..
I believe something in your past has to trigger this fear (rational or irrational)..And that's how it is for Kami.

I didn't really know how to rate this book, it had me feeling so many emotions, so yeah hats off to S.L. Jennings because I felt it all, the anger,the frustration, the sadness, I was swept away with it.

“Life may not be pretty but it's always beautiful. We may only see the ugliness on the surface. The shit that only the world chooses to notice. But, if we dig deep, if we get to the heart of life, where there's no pain or fear, where we can just be who we are and love freely without judgement, it's really beautiful.”

Blaine and Kami's relationship goes through so much up and downs its like just when its getting good, just when you think things will start to improve..BOOM! Its all gone and its back to square one.
Both Blaine and Kami are broken souls just getting through life merely surviving until their lives crash together..

Blaine is a successful owner of a bar and is captured by Kami as soon as he sets his eyes on her.He just knows that she is different in all the right ways.He falls head over heels for her and this man is bloody awesome! He never gives up on her even when she pushes him away so many times. Ahh Blaine you beautiful man covered in tattoos and piercings yet he is such a softy he has a big heart and all he wants is to take away all of Kami's pain.But life doesn't work like that and you cant save everyone..


You're not scared of the dark.

You're scared of what's in it.

You're not afraid of heights.
You're afraid of falling.

You're not afraid of the people around you.
You're afraid of rejection.

You're not afraid to love
You're afraid of not being loved back

You're not afraid to let go 
You're just afraid to accept the reality that it's gone

You're not afraid to try again
You're afraid of getting hurt for the same reason


“I never give up on things I want. This… you and me… it’s inevitable. There’s no use in fighting, Kami. It’s going to happen. And when you are madly in love with me, the only thing you’ll regret is not falling for me sooner.”


Blaine was just perfect <3 He thought of everything and just kept on fighting for her..

Now Kami's character was soo complex with the self loathing and the abuse and all her fears.


"My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want."


I got it why she was how she was and all the issues.Sometimes when you hear something being said to you so many times as a child. you end up believing it. You think its the truth. She associated love with terror, pain, abuse, hurt, anger and Fear

And my heart ached for her she really had been through hell and back.
But still in parts of this book Kami really pissed me off I just wanted to slap shake her and make her see what everyone else was seeing!
I hated that she pushed Blaine away C'mon the guy can only take so much rejection!! I wanted her to get over herself and for once think about what he must be feeling.She was really selfish and I know she was scared but she isn't the only one with problems..

But hey I get it your cognitive process isn't the same you change, abuse changes you and makes you think negatively which was the problem with Kami..She always had that doubt and that fear.Her demons haunted her daily..


"...just remember, the storm doesn't last forever. It can scare you; it can shake you to your core. But it never lasts. The rain subsides, the thunder dies, and the winds calm to a soft whisper. And that moment after the storm clouds pass, when all is silent and still, you find peace. Quiet, gentle peace.” 


I loved Dom, please tell me he gets a book, pleeaaaassssseeeee!!
He needs to find someone aww he needs some love!
Overall a great book, a heartbreaking story about struggle and falling.. falling deep in love..



Buy Links


Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DYVX8TM

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DYVX8TM

No comments:

Post a Comment