Saturday 31 August 2013

Review: Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1) By Lisa Renee Jones



Synopsis
Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

My Review


OH MY GOD!!!

What just happened??
Are you kiddin me??!
The ending...

Bloody hell,I did not expect that!
This book had me feeling so damn confused, on edge, suspicious of everyone and the ending well that was extreme!

"Sharks only have the power you give them, baby. Own them. Don't ever let them own you. And they'll have to fight me to get to you anyway."

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard down, the ghost’s of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

Amy is being hunted..by who? we have no idea.She is on the run from someone dangerous.The book starts off where amy is having to leave her life and run.Run for her life and for that she needs to start over in a new place with a new identity.This isn't the first time she has done this and it probably wont be her last.



Infinite possibilities….

Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


As she is waiting at the airport she meets Liam Stone. Liam is a hot mysterious,darkly entrancing recluse billionaire.He is a man who gets what he wants and he wants Amy.He wants to posses every part of her mind,body and soul.

But this is just what Amy is supposed to avoid.
She cant get attached to anyone
People will die, things will go bad
And she will have to run..again

Liam is determined to keep Amy and the more time she spends with him the more she wants to stay.
But Liam hold secrets of his own
Is he the bad guy or is he the hero?

"A thrill shoots through me at the obvious promise that he will be my lover, and there is no denying that I am seduced by this man, drawn to his confidence and dark good looks. To the gentle lion I believe will take control of everything around him, including me. The man who will demand much of me, and perhaps take more than I should give. And yet, beyond all reason, I want to experience those things. I want to experience him. It almost feels…necessary."

This book made me paranoid,every character that Amy met i felt like, hmmm you must be creepy, maybe it's you that's chasing her..is it you? tell me!!!
This book had me reading really fast because I really just wanted to know what is going on and since I am an impatient person the wait was killing me!
By the end I was like, no no no I cant be finished already, pages must be missing!!!

I really liked Liam but it felt like he was hiding something,he was just too good at hiding his emotions. Liam and Amy may be two people from different worlds but they made sense together. She needs safety and Liam is her safe place. He grounds her and makes her forget about the bad stuff.

Now this handler dude..I have soo many questions! The ending and many other parts had me thinking that I had figured out who he/she was..
But then there is Meg < something is not right with her..
And Jared,hmm I don't know what to think about him but he isn't in my favorites list atm..

Oh I need the next book..please give me it now


*ARC provided via NetGalley for an honest review*




No comments:

Post a Comment