Tuesday 20 August 2013

Review: Tangled (Tangled #1) By Emma Chase Review




Synopsis
Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? 

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. 

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? 

Can Drew Evans win at love? 

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.




My Review



That.Was.Awesome!!




5 bloody hilarious stars!!

This book was just perfect, pure brilliance.I was hooked on it right from the start and really didn't want it to ever end.It is in a male POV..let me tell you that there are very few romance books that i enjoyed through a male POV but this book blew my mind you just cant hate it!


"Do you see that unshowered, unshaven heap on the couch? The guy in the dirty gray T-shirt and ripped sweatpants?

That’s me, Drew Evans.

I’m not usually like this. I mean, that really isn’t me."


Oh drew! i loved being in his head, so many things in this book made me laugh out loud and I'm sure my family thought i had lost the plot!
Drew is an arsehole really an arrogant little shit that thinks he is gods gift to women..


"Turns out I didn't get blue balls after all. I met up with the coffee house girl that night. She’s a yoga instructor.

Nice.

What? Come on, don’t be like that. I want Kate, no question. But don’t expect me to act like a monk until it happens. The thing women don’t understand is that a guy can want one woman and still fuck another one. Hell, a guy could love a woman and still fuck ten others. It’s just the way it is."


Yes yes he is a pig but I hate him? Nahh you just cant hate Drew!
The books starts off and you see that Drew is a mess a un-shaven miserable man locked in his dirty apartment and as he puts it. its because he has the flu..
Then you are taken back a few months to find out what really happens and you find how its all linked to a women..


A few days after that at a staff meeting, I “accidentally” spill a glass of water on some information Kate has compiled for my father. Something that probably took her five or so hours to put together.

“Oops. Sorry,” I say, letting the smirk on my face tell her how very unsorry I am.

“It’s fine, Mr. Evans,” she assures my father as she wipes up the mess. “I have another copy in my office.”

How very Boy-Scoutish of her, don’t you think?
Later—about halfway through the same meeting—do you know what she does?
She fucking kicks me! In the shin, under the table.


Kate is just like Drew in a way,strong,witty,passionate and beautiful.She is just the women he needs to make him a better person and challenge him.I loved all the characters even Alexandra the bitch!
Mackenzie is adorable :D


“For God's sake, don't let her watch Cinderella. What kind of example is that? A mindless twit who can't even remember where she left her damn shoe, so she has to wait for some douchebag in tights to bring it to her? Give me a frigging break!”




Can not wait for the next book :D




No comments:

Post a Comment