Friday 11 October 2013

Review: Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2) by C.J. Roberts

Dark Duet Series
Book 1-Captive in the dark

Book 2- Seduced in the dark

Book 3- Epilogue 


Synopsis

The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.


What is the price of redemption?



Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.



The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.



Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? 



Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?



Quote: 
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.


~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~
My Review

5 Brilliant, Haunting,Emotional and Twisted stars! 



“In the dark, my master let down his guard and he was Caleb again. He didn’t correct me. He didn’t punish me. He didn’t push me away emotionally. Caleb was there to hold me until the nightmares passed. He was there to tell me I was beautiful. He was there to tell me I was going to be okay. In the dark, he seduced me. I didn’t want the seduction to end.”


This book was intense, it had me on edge, angry,sad,laughing at parts and then wanting to kill someone..
This really messed with my head! what a fantastic powerful and captivating book.It got me thinking about how many more Calebs and Olivias there are out there,who will probably never be saved or never have a chance at a normal life.

“Some stories aren't black and white.”

The story of Livvie and Caleb continues in Seduced in the dark.
It starts off where Livvie is with FBI Agent Reed (I liked his character I wanted more of his story) and she is retelling her story of how she was kidnapped, abused and so on.

“Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you'd never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forgive me. It's time for you to go, Kitten. Time for us both, to go.”

Many times I felt disgusted disturbed and shocked by the things that happen! My emotions where all over the place and for this Caleb was to blame (mostly)

There where times I wanted to kill him because of the stupid things he did and how he humiliated Livvie. Also because he was being a right idiot when he lost control over his feelings..You cant bloody control everything and some things are just meant to happen!

I liked how both characters Livvie and Caleb change and grow throughout the book.They became stronger especially Livvie she never stopped fighting she truly is a survivor.Now most of you would probably thing its stupid that she thinks she is in love with Caleb after all he did to her,right? She is probably suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, right? Wrong!

“The naïve girl in me had been bitch-slapped into womanhood. I’d been razed by pain, grief, loss and suffering, and honed by lust, rage and an acute awareness of my need to survive.”


Livvie got to know the real Caleb who no-one bothered to get to know..He let his guard down at times and she loved every part of him.You find out a lot more about Caleb and understand how be became this monster.A monster due to circumstances? A tortured soul that needs love and acceptance? Monsters aren't born they are created


“Dealing with Caleb was all about perspective. You couldn’t appreciate his kindness until you’d felt his cruelty.”


How do you carry on when you find out everything you were told is a lie?
When I found out about Caleb's past ..oh my emotions were all over the place!



The ending was perfect yet I still want more Caleb and Livvie!


~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~
Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0094KFM9Q

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094KFM9Q

No comments:

Post a Comment