Friday 4 October 2013

Review: His Wicked Games (His Wicked Games #1) By Ember Casey



Synopsis
Trapped with a billionaire in his mysterious mansion... Can she beat him at his own game?

Lily Frazer would do anything to save the Frazer Center for the Arts—even take on the infamous billionaire Calder Cunningham. When Lily breaks onto the Cunningham estate, she only wants to find and reason with Calder. (All right, all right, she wants to punch him in the face, too, but that's Plan B.) As it turns out, the arrogant billionaire is willing to give her the money he promised, but there's a catch: she must win it from him.

And the games he has in mind aren't exactly... innocent.

Lily isn't about to give up the money without a fight (or let some haughty bastard seduce her), but she quickly discovers that there might be more to the brooding Calder than she initially perceived. As their games of cat and mouse become increasingly sexual in nature, she suddenly finds herself confused by her own emotions. Can she deny her attraction long enough to win the money she needs?

A contemporary, steamy take on Beauty and the Beast, His Wicked Games is a tale of devilish deeds, wild passions, and wicked romance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Review
4 fun, hot and wicked stars!

This story has you intrigued right from the start and by the end of it you just want more! Lily and her father own The Frazer Center for the Arts and when their largest benefactors The Cunninghams break the pledge contract without warning as soon as Carter Cunningham takes over the family funds.Things begin to go down hill for The Frazer Center.

Lily decides that since Carter isn't replying to her calls or messages she should go over to the mansion and talk to him face to face.

When Lily gets trapped at the Cumminghan estate by a flood Lily thinks she has a better chance of convincing Carter to hand over the money for The Frazer Center. Little does she know that Carter wants to play his own games...

Damn it why cant I find a Carter? I'd love to play hide and seek and check out all the secret passageways in the mansion! Fuck,that would be fun Haha!

"My restraint only goes so far,” he says. His eyes bore into mine. “I want you, Lily. I want to fuck you until you can’t move, until you can’t think, until you’ve forgotten everything else but me. It won’t be gentle. If you don’t want that, then tell me, and I’ll leave this car. But if I stay… I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to control myself.”

I enjoyed this and bloody hated Lily's psycho ex! It was a roller-coaster ride and parts of it had me on the edge of my seat.I liked how Lily got over the prejudice regarding Calder and his fortune. Stereotyping people gets you nowhere,not every rich person is a spoiled and reckless. Everyone has their own problems and you wont see them unless you take your time to know the person, instead of labelling them.


"The passionate, dominant Calder I can handle—the one who leaves bruises on my skin and shoves my shirt into my mouth to keep me silent—but I don’t know how to deal with this gentler version of him.

His hands move down across my skin slowly, delicately, as if I’m a precious, breakable thing that might shatter at his touch."


Cant wait for the next book where Carter and Lily's story continues...


*ARC provided by the author in return for an honest review*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D8C14AC

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8C14AC


No comments:

Post a Comment