Wednesday 9 October 2013

Review: Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2) By Amelia Hutchins


Synopsis
I thought things were bad and weird before – hold on – it’s getting worse.

Adam and I are both going through identity crises of epic proportions as we Transition from who we were, and discover who we were meant to be. More Fae are dying, and I feel as if time is running out for us to find all of those responsible and put an end to the killings.

The people I thought I could trust have betrayed me and the one person I should absolutely not trust; is taking me deeper and deeper into his world.

Ryder’s secrets are dangerous and devastating.

With each touch and word, he pulls my heart closer to himself and at the same time he is trying to keep me at arm’s length. The dance he and I have begun, is getting more complicated as our worlds are being shaken from all sides, and the visions of the future are frightening, and nothing like I had ever pictured for myself or those I care for.

This time, destiny is taunting me.

I had always thought that I controlled my destiny. Now, my rights are being taken from me by powerful people and leaving me with alternatives that range between bad and awful.

This time, the choices I have to make can decide the fate of both worlds.

Everything is unraveling, and nothing will ever be the same again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://amzn.co.uk/B00D5M4PTM

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00D5M4PTM

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review
5 Mind-blowing,Omg-how-do-I-live-after-this, I-am-an-emotional-mess Stars!!

What a bloody ending! Why oh whyyyy do you do this to us Amelia?
My emotions were bloody everywhere I cant believe it! No no no no this is not happening and then I was screaming for Ryder in my head..Where the fuck are you fairy!! Damn Damn I really need the next book like yesterday.

This book is just brilliant I thought the first book Fighting Destiny was awesome and thought no way can you beat that. I didn't know what to expect but wow this book did not disappoint.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, fantasy, brilliant, captivating book with twists and turns and much more you better go grab book one and jump on the Ryder train ;)

Okay if you didn't already know I LOVE RYDER he is mine you lot can have Adam ;) hehe
Oh Ryder ,Ryder I already miss you *sobs* I thought I loved him in book one , well in this book we have gone beyond love its just so much more!
Syn and Ryder are just so perfect for each other, they made me laugh, sob, scream out in frustration and swoon!


"Scared Syn?" he whispered back as his eyes changed from gold to burnt amber.He was hungry, and was making me wet with need.
"To be with you? Yes."I admitted it, which only made him smile. "You scare the shit out of me Ryder, is this what you wanted to hear?"


The story continues from where it left off and you are left questioning whether Ryder is evil or good. Both Syn and Adam are going through transition and it all gets worse more people are dying, the past ghosts are coming back to haunt them..what will happen when everything comes crashing down? Will Ryder be able to save Syn or will he let her go?

Syn is fearless, selfless, kickass, strong warrior and she is just as stubborn as Ryder. Oh man they are perfect when will they have a happily ever after? WHEN?!!? They both need some love, they are both lonely and need each other but yeah back to them both being stubborn idiots well they cant admit to each other how they feel.I loved that we got a mixture of POVs even though some were small we even got a glimpse into Adams head..okay a part of me really wanted to hate him because of the events happening (those who have read it will know what I mean) and I know its not his fault just a crappy situation but ahhhh I wanted to toss my book and scream and pull my hair out how could it have all gotten so bent out of shape? and then the ending I was like..lets rewind back to the other situation I liked that better haha!

I loved that there was some parts in Ryders POV because he is so bloody interesting and a mystery! What is he? TELL ME!!! Urgh I need to know his secrets it's driving me insane! I wanted the book to be half Syn's POV and half Ryder's but I think it would kill all the mystery that Ryder's character entails, I thought all would be revealed in this book but it wasn't the case sooo book 3..please be out soon!!

Oh and did anyone else love Ristan as much as I did? omg he made me laugh the pervy hilarious Demon! Haha


"Can I ask you something..err..well, can I ask you something that's a little uncomfortable Ristan?"..
"Uncomfortable how, flower?"
His eyes lit up with mischief.
"Are we speaking toys and nipple clamps kind of uncomfortable, because I am an expert with that shit, or are we speaking your vagigi uncomfortable? I'm game to look at it, play with it.Hell, Flower I'm pretty much open to it all.Lay it out on me." He smirked and his eyes laughed at me.

"No, this has nothing to do with that..
MENTAL NOTE: Ristan was a freak!


Hahah yes yes he is a freak! An adorable freak.

Overall I bloody loved this book I just could not put it down, every time I did the little voice in my head said "Just keep reading, just keep reading" I am weak!!
Amelia please hurry with book 3..I need my Ryder fix!!


When I started this book I was like..


Ryder I am ready for you!!


When I finished it..


**ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for am honest review**


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Links

Amazon UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FAFJU8S

Amazon US:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAFJU8S

No comments:

Post a Comment