Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review: Unexpected Angel (Isthmus Alliance #1) By Sloan Johnson



Synopsis
Tasha Skinner finally shed the baggage of a failed marriage. Now, she’s looking forward to a night of margaritas and man-bashing. Tasha’s friends have other plans, including Leather, Lace and liberation.

Dylan Caprese didn’t want to go to Marquee, but he and his friends were on a mission. They took it upon themselves to make sure things didn’t get out of hand when wannabe Doms mixed alcohol with playtime at the monthly Leather and Lace night.

From the moment he set eyes on Tasha, he knew there was something different about her. She wasn’t some bondage babe who thought she knew what it meant to be into BDSM. She was much, much worse; she was innocent and trusting. He can tell she is something precious.

When Tasha’s past threatens to destroy her, Dylan begins to realize that while their paths have never crossed, their lives most definitely have. Will he be able to save her before it’s too late?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Review

3.5 Fast-paced, Raw, Hot Stars!!

"I wasn't broken by my divorce, it was the decade spent with a man who wanted to dictate every facet of my life that had shattered me."


This story starts off from where Tasha Skinner is being dragged by her best friend Holly to some unknown club to celebrate her divorce from a controlling obsessive man. What Tasha doesnt know is that she isn't entering a normal club.There she meets Dylan Caprise who spots Tasha and instantly knows that she is in the wrong place, she looks too innocent, she cant be involved in this lifestyle.

Dylan is a Dom but that's not why he is at the club that night, he is there with his friend Zeke to make sure no one gets hurt.Alcohol and BDSM is a bad mix and its how people get hurt.When he meets Tasha he knows she is different and he is drawn to her.

Due to Tasha's ex-husband who was abusive and controlling she is scared of the whole BDSM lifestyle and doesn't understand it.Dylan wants to make her see it for what it is, need to make her trust him. But things change fast when she starts getting strange messages from an unknown number and when someone breaks into her home.Dylan being very protective over Tasha becomes involved but will thing last? Will Tasha think Dylan is just like her ex or will she give him a shot?

This book is in both Dylan and Tasha's POV which I liked because if gives the reader an overall picture of what both characters are thinking or feeling.I felt at times Tasha was being whiny and needed to think rationally.Dylan was trying to protect her and it was like she was going out of her way to do stupid stuff.

"I want to maim the bastard who shattered her. I only hope there is a way to find all the pieces to make her whole again."

I liked Tasha and Zeke's relationship he was like an older brother he was funny and always knew what to do. I really want him to have his own book, even Tommy was cool! Zeke and Dylan were more like brothers and great friends they just got each other.
Now lets get to Tasha's best-friend the Bitch-fucking-twat one who wanted her to start a new relationship and leave her ex.She pissed me off.I didn't like her right from the start I just had a weird feeling about her.It was like she wanted Tasha not to take shit from her ex but to do what she was told with her -.-

This book contains very light BDSM,some romance, mystery and drama.I wanted more from the book, sometimes it felt a little rushed I wanted more detail and to see how Dylan and Tasha's relationship builds, becomes stronger, it all happened so fast.

Dylan was like amaaazing! I wanted to know so much more about him.I think it would have been better with another book on the same characters but hey we'll see how book 2 goes!


"I told you that night that I would never be yours, but I was wrong once you showed me what claiming me meant to you. I couldn't imagine a greater gift than to have you want to claim me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**ARC provided by the author for an honest review**



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Links 

Amazon UK: http://amzn.co.uk/B00EBY8N6O

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00EBY8N6O

No comments:

Post a Comment